Sunday, February 14, 2016

The Elusive Attribution

I admit, I am one of those people who loves Pinterest. I find inspiring pictures on there all the time. But I've been noticing a bit of a trend that's not just Pinterest but it's also on other social media as well, and that is there are all these gorgeous photos circulating out there on the Internet with not a bit of attribution! No credit to the models or photographers. And that kind of bums me out because I think it's important that art gets credited to its creators.

Do you know of any place online a person can go to check the attribution of photography and other art? Here are a few examples of black and white photography (one of my favorites) that have no attribution. I'd love to figure out who the photographers are and who the models are. If anyone knows, please inform me in the comments!






















XOXO

Scarlett

2 comments:

  1. The top one (my favourite) is by Polish photographer Katarzyna Rzeszowska. The bottom one is by Nadya Lev, a photographer from San Francisco. The couple are by London born photographer Chris Craymer.

    I always try to credit photographers in my posts but I know some people don't because they are worried they will be pursued for damages if they have used pictures without permission and it is certainly the more recent photographers who are more likely to do this, which is one of the reason I don't feature much contemporary photography. By not attributing, people think they are keeping a low profile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that top one, too. Thanks for sharing what you knew! Oh, it didn't even occur to me that people were purposely doing it for a low profile. Hmm...

      Delete