Monday, September 30, 2019

PLAYING WITH FIRE Spotlight #3: Reunion Tower

This last Behind the Scenes Spotlight of THE NEON FISHNETS BOOK 1: PLAYING WITH FIRE highlights one of my favorite places in Dallas: Reunion Tower!






Reunion Tower is an actual place and one of the most eye-catching features of the Dallas Skyline. It was featured in the opening credits for the popular soap opera Dallas. I've had the pleasure of dining at the restaurant Five Sixty, which features a fantastic menu by chef Wolfgang Puck. There's also an awesome bar up in the tower called Cloud 9.


Cloud 9

One of the coolest things about the tower is that when you're at Five Sixty or Cloud 9, it rotates! But it doesn't rotate too fast, just at a nice leisurely pace, so you get a full view of Dallas down below as you're enjoying your food or drinks. There's also an observational deck where visitors can experience the view minus the food.

In PLAYING WITH FIRE, some of the band members visit the tower to have drinks at the Cloud 9 bar. I thought it would be a fun place to have one of the pivotal scenes in the books. As I'm a Dallas area resident, I have a lot of fun including real-life places in my stories. I also enjoy making up  fictional spots. But Reunion Tower is 100% real and worthy of a visit of local rock stars!








If you missed the first two Spotlights on PLAYING WITH FIRE, you can find them here:





Thanks, as always, for stopping by!

-SK

***********


Enjoy my work? Buy me a coffee! 

---> https://www.buymeacoffee.com/ScarlettKnight



No comments:

Post a Comment