Saturday, October 17, 2015

My Favorite Dracula




It's getting closer and closer to Halloween. There's an autumn chill in the air. It's time to watch all my favorite dark and spooky movies. One of my absolute favorites is Francis Ford Coppola's rendition of Dracula, starring Gary Oldman. I remember watching this one when I was a young teen - it was one of the first R-rated movies my dad let me watch. (Mom never let me watch R-rated movies, but by this time, she and Dad were divorced, and Dad was much more lax!) Anyway, I was mesmerized by this frightening, sexy, Gothic film. I fell in love with Oldman's Dracula, and he remains one of my biggest film crushes to date. If you haven't seen it, I recommend it. But it is quite different from the book. Coppola took some liberties. But I like what he did. Also, Annie Lennox did an awesome song for it that plays during the credits. *sigh* Such a favorite of mine <3



2 comments:

  1. Haven't seen it since I took a girlfriend to see it at the cinema! And of course a very early appearance by Monica Bellucci!

    ReplyDelete